Microbiology Laboratory Technician
St. Paul, MN
Performs laboratory assays that demand a professional application of the principles, theories, and techniques of cell culture and media preparation.
- Performs assays and proper documentation
- Performs daily monitoring and cleaning of equipment and applicable facilities.
- Prepares in house media and reagents.
- Understands and performs the following laboratory techniques: aseptic technique, light and fluorescent microscopy and reagent preparation.
- Organizes laboratory supply, media and reagent shipments
- Perform Ames assays independently
- Perform Chromosome Aberration, Mouse Lymphoma and Mouse Micronucleus assays in conjunction with senior staff
- Maintain and prepare mammalian cell cultures according to company Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities according to GMP/GLP regulations and company Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand the proper and safe use of hazardous chemicals
- Understand the proper and safe handling of potentially pathogenic materials
- One year of lab experience outside of school.
- GLP/GMP experience preferred
- Skills in cell culture, pipetting and aseptic techniques is required
- Ability to distinguish colors
Monday-Friday, Sunday-Thursday, or Tuesday-Saturday 7:00AM-3:30PM
Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related is required