Associate Chemistry Specialist
Saint Paul, MN
The Associate Chemistry Specialist will perform a variety of testing preparation techniques, including sample preparations/extractions, reagent preparation procedures and solvent exchange. The position will also include performing a variety of routine benchtop and analytical analysis.
- Extract test samples using soxhlet, submersion, and fluid path techniques.
- Perform benchtop testing, including pH, non-volatile residue, USP wet chemistry, and other entry level techniques.
- May assist scientist with more complex studies.
- Document procedures, prepare results summaries, and draft reports.
- Ensures testing of client samples and reporting of results is accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
- May assist scientists and other specialists with various supporting procedures, such as sample vialing, reagent preparation, and solvent exchange.
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International. Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Keep laboratory area clean and well-organized.
- May be required to assist with environmental monitoring service questions outside of normal office hours/days.
- May be required to assist in other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in a Lab setting with exposure to biohazards/hazardous chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with minimal noise levels
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Clarity of vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs occasionally
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and reach
- Inside working conditions
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Chemistry or a related field.
- Minimum 0 years with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience with an Associate Degree or equivalent