Animal Care Technician
St. Paul, MN
- This individual will be responsible for performing the daily husbandry aspects of all animals in compliance with GLP, USDA and AAALAC guidelines in a fast-paced environment requiring strenuous physical activity.
- This individual will ALSO be responsible for performing the daily cleaning in the animal facility in compliance with GLP, USDA and AAALAC guidelines.
- Handles animals humanely.
- Daily feeding of animals.
- Washes and changing of animal cages.
- Receives shipments of feed, bedding and other materials.
- Disinfects laboratory daily.
- Daily cleaning of all laboratory areas (including hallways, animal rooms and warehouses)
- Washing and building animal cages using an industrial rack washer
- Interested in an Animal Science, Vet Tech or Biology-related career path within the healthcare industry
- General Labor experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must not have animal allergies to applicable species in this facility (small laboratory animals)
- Seeking long-term, stable employment
- Reliable transportation, attendance and punctuality
High School Diploma or GED